We often see foreign trade newcomers in foreign trade forums asking “how to do a good job in foreign trade?” Among them, one of the most impressed foreign trade partners asked, “a recent graduate, is now starting to do foreign trade. although the company is not very formal, I still want to stay and study hard. I just don’t know where to start. ” The reason why I am deeply impressed with this question is that “although the company is not very formal, I still want to stay and study well myself”. I think this question has raised the voice of many foreign trade newcomers. The editor compiled some suggestions and shared them with everyone.
In fact, foreign trade, like many sales fields, is also a job that is not necessarily sweet after suffering first. Paid work may not be rewarded, but not paid work will not be rewarded. Then the initial suggestion for the old captain based on his years of experience is:
1. Read your products, fully understand the meaning of every word and sentence in the product catalog, and prepare the bullets before firing the gun.
2. Understand the supply process. All foreign trade work cannot be done by the salesman alone. You need a rear area to support you, so how to coordinate the rear area to make sales work together is a key task. If your company is a factory, it is necessary to deal well with production, technology, procurement, logistics and other departments. if your company is a foreign trade company, should the supplier personnel connected with your company at least make a phone call to know about the convenient future work?
3. Learn professional knowledge. Judging from the posts you send, there may not be a person on top of you to lead your work, so there must be some trouble in your study. However, no matter what is good, you should find more opportunities to pester your boss and let him teach you more professional knowledge, how to find customers, how to follow up with good orders, how to write emails, how to make phone calls, etc. And you can find more space to go to foreign trade forums or pay attention to some foreign trade microblogs.
There is no need to regard foreign trade as “foreign trade”. If you really want to sell your products well in the local market, the most important thing is to understand the needs of the local market. Remember to look at the problem from the standpoint of the local people. At the same time, also to foreign trade newcomers to give some advice:
For beginners, learning foreign trade process is the basic skill after passing the language barrier. After that, we still have to work hard on negotiation skills, marketing strategies, market research, customer management and product development. Combined with certain economic and financial knowledge. No matter what industry you are in, these are your skills for doing international business. When you combine your own experience and find out a set of methods, you will be popular in any subdivision field.
After all, a person’s energy is limited. After you become a sales veteran, you should consider the next step of development in no more than two directions: working for yourself and leading a team.
1. You can do soho on your own. You can also set up a company/factory. The last one should be done after you have confirmed the customers who will follow you. Don’t have too many tragedies around you. I went out to start a company and make products with enthusiasm. As a result, the customers did not buy it. It was tragic. Remember not to affect the quality of family life before you do it, and keep the money you spend at home.
2. Bringing a team and starting a company are two different ways. If the area of the company is too large, one person cannot finish it. Recruit some graduates or those who graduated not long ago, and gradually cultivate them according to their successful discussions, which is better than recruiting experienced graduates from abroad. The loyalty cultivated by oneself will be good, and the routine of doing things will be better for your own way.
In the opinion of the editor-in-chief, everything must be done on a basic basis. then foreign trade week talked about this basic work:
1. Must be very familiar with the product. If your basic knowledge of products is ok at present, but you cannot analyze the market well and help customers sell products. In the future, we need to accumulate market information, be able to analyze the market with customers, sell products better, and avoid price competition as much as possible.
2. Questioning sales. Ask more questions, communicate face to face, learn as much as possible about the customer information network, such as sales channels, main products, consumer groups, etc., and push products according to the customer’s situation. Here, when to ask what questions, how to skillfully put forward the questions, at the same time the guests also don’t dislike.
3. The more fluent and clear English is, the better, the moderate speed and sound. Simple language expresses the most prominent features and advantages of the product.
4. Try to show professionalism. If it is not at the level of boss and manager, it is better not to play mobile phone when there are no guests visiting, and to be ready to receive guests at any time. The guests come to you on their own initiative, not waiting for the guests to come to you.
5. Other details, such as wearing uniform clothes and clean and tidy dress, women had better not batch of hair. Anyway, always ready to meet the guests.
6. Of course, not all guests will be targets or potential guests. We should also learn to distinguish guests, be vigilant and find excuses to send some guests away when necessary.
In short, to do a good job in basic skills and to be ready at any time is the absolute principle.
Next, let’s look at the road of foreign trade for Foreign Trade Week:
From graduation till now, I have been doing foreign trade for about a year. I worked as a merchandiser in the name of business. I wanted to give up several times. I was very far away from what I imagined, but I finally stuck to it. I attended three canton fair and two hong kong exhibitions, from timidity, not daring to speak, to slowly coping with it by myself. although my performance was not very good, I was able to finish one thing independently, and I also clinched a deal at the scene 130,000 USD. my self-confidence gradually increased. although I have been working with the merchandiser and the business, in order to finish the merchandiser as soon as possible, my work speed also increased. I remember that from the first day I came in, I had to write a daily plan, a daily summary and a weekly plan. now I have got into the habit of making a plan for the next day before I left work. Foreign trade, at present, does not have too deep experience, just feel exercise yourself, the ability to solve problems independently.
How to Do Foreign Trade Well In Xiaobian’s opinion, foreign trade will yield some gains as long as it persists. There are also foreign trade that if you want to do a good job in foreign trade, you must first practice English or another big language. Elder’s view on foreign trade is that foreign trade is the first thing to be discussed in a foreign language. As long as the two sides have confirmed their cooperation intention, all kinds of payment, delivery and transportation in the middle will no longer be a problem.
The most basic:
1. Internationally, your product MADEINCHINA should have advantages, both in quality and price. This is the basis. If the products you export are imported in large quantities from China’s major ports, then goodbye.
2. Within your peers, your product is at a medium level and will not be much worse than your competitors.
3. Have a heart that can endure loneliness.
How to do it well:
1. Only when there is sufficient opportunity to contact potential customers can it be possible to talk about the possibility of orders. There are the following ways to contact potential customers:
The customer contacted you; Customers Google to your website; Through B2B；; Exhibition; You contact the customer; You Google to the potential customer’s website; B2B inquiry
2. Skilled quotation skills, the price quote is just right.
3. The product quality should meet the customer’s expectations Upgrade:
To enhance the ability to maintain old customers, the ultimate solution for salespeople is to develop new customers through old customers. However, the most important thing in foreign trade is: persist, persist! At present, many foreign trade companies or factories employ foreign trade personnel, in short, looking for customers. The work is roughly as follows:
1. Now that I have entered the foreign trade work, if nothing else, I will be familiar with the products and the company. (As an old bird, a friendly reminder: Be sure to know the salary of sales and how to set the amount of commission. ) 2. Find customers, various methods, exhibitions, google, old customers of the company, customs data,,, and so on, as long as you can find customers, you can try.
3. Communicate more with customers. In fact, as long as he is sincere and works hard, he will definitely do a good job in sales. FRANK, a colleague of his who has just graduated and is a rookie, has not found new customers for half a year. However, he is developing customers every day and perseveres. In the 10th month, after his Russian customers visited the company, he finally ORDERed a 1,000,000 order. In this way, the commission is enough for double eleven SHOPPING. . Hey hey.
To sum up, having said and said so, in fact, this is only about the number in my heart. I can get answers to many things without thinking about them. I have personally experienced them and will find out that I will hear more than others. If you know how to do a good job in foreign trade, start looking for customers to practice. The first step in foreign trade transaction is to have transaction objects. Developing customer software helps you to develop customers efficiently. You need to actively develop overseas precise customers.
Original Artical，Author：China Trade Agent，if repost，please give references ：https://offers-bg.com/must-be-mastered-to-do-well/