To develop the North American market, foreign traders must understand this knowledge
Core tip: North America has the largest purchasing power in the global consumer market, and the import demand is quite large. How can we give up the North American market for foreign trade? However, the competition in the North American market is also very fierce, and the supply of products is basically saturated. To develop North American customers, one must be familiar with this market and be good at using some skills and tools in order to have efficient returns.
In the global consumer market, North America’s purchasing power is second to none, and the import demand is quite large. How can foreign trade abandon the North American market? However, the competition in the North American market is also very fierce, and the supply of products is basically saturated. To develop North American customers, one must be familiar with this market and be good at using some skills and tools in order to have efficient returns.
Combined with years of foreign trade experience, first popularize the characteristics of North American market:
1. Single language and culture Apart from Quebec, Canada, which uses French, English is the common working and living language in North America. Therefore, after work, we should improve our English level and know more about the spoken English commonly used by North Americans.
2. The product quality is top priority North Americans attach great importance to the quality of their products and complain about any mistakes. Therefore, no matter the sample or the final delivery, the quality must be strictly controlled. Americans, in particular, are always most concerned about the quality of goods, followed by packaging and finally price.
3. North American customers have a good reputation.
Generally, payment is made after delivery or a copy of bill of lading is provided, and customs clearance in North America is relatively simple. Some U.S. customers have an interesting feature. They will surprise you. When sending samples, they say they don’t need sample fees, but they will still give you more money. What’s more, if you want him to make a deposit, he will call you the full amount.
4. North American customers mostly like to use Google to search for supplier information.
Therefore, we must manage our websites well, use Google’s trend to select some precise keywords with large search volume, publish more product information on foreign trade websites, improve product exposure and Google ranking of keywords, so that North American customers can see our products when Google searches.
5. UL Certification is required for some products exported to North America For example, building materials, fire protection equipment, heating and ventilation equipment, flammable gas equipment and so on all need UL certification. UL certification is mainly divided into two types, one is C-UL mark (also called ULC) according to Canadian safety requirements; One is the C-UL US sign (also known as CULUS), which meets the safety requirements of both canada and the united states. It depends on which country you export, and of course the safest is Canada and the United States.
6. North Americans pay special attention to festivals, such as Christmas Therefore, before Christmas comes, we can prepare some gifts for the customers and old customers who are in contact with us to close the relationship. Europeans and Americans still attach great importance to details. Maybe a small gift can capture their wavering hearts.
The development of North American customers can help shorten the development time and improve the signing rate with some tools:
North American Free Customs Data: https://www.tradesns.com/business_info.php. Some North American buyers’ names, contact names and contact information can be obtained directly. You can search for the “Top 6 of Product Keywords or HS Codes” in the search box above to find out the global buyers and contact information of a product.
North American B2B Platform and Yellow Pages Website: http://www.mfgtrade.com/,http://www.thomasnet.com/, http://www.topten wholesale.com/,http://www.superpoages.com/. They are all well-known websites. By selecting the corresponding product categories, many potential North American customers and their contact information can be found.
Original Artical，Author：China Trade Agent，if repost，please give references ：https://offers-bg.com/develop-the-north-american-market/